Friday, February 20, 2009
This fundraiser really is bringing a lot together you can check out four local acts, all while supporting a great cause. Preview of the bands by checking them out on MySpace. Show them support by requesting your favorite song.
Thanks to all of these guys & gal for gracing us with their talent and support on this coming Sunday!
Time: 4:30 pm -9:00pm
Cost: $20/person, $15 w/student ID, $6 for kids under 10
Perks: All you can eat pizza, awesome raffle prizes, silent auction, support a very worthy cause.
Where: Firehouse Pizzeria, 880 S Main, Logan, UT.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Please bring cash or check to pay for your entry on Sunday. We don’t have access to a credit card payment system.
You’ll also want to have your checkbook ready for all the awesome stuff we have in our silent auction. There’s so much stuff from local merchants. 100% of your winning bid will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Check out the great items below. We want to offer a big thanks to all of the merchants who donated these items to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Plus there are going to be some special packages offered by Team In Training participants – offering their services and showing off their skills.
- Zermatt Resort & Spa Package (located 18 min. from Park City resorts) Package normally retails for $700!!! but as a charity organization they're letting us offer it to you for $250. We have 25 packages available. Your incredible package will include:
• Two nights in an Alpine room (Regular price for two nights is $518)
• Breakfast for Two for two mornings (value of $60)
• Dinner Buffet (get two for the price of one) at Schneitter's restaurant (value of $29.95)
• 60-minute massage treatment at the Zermatt European Spa, (get two for the price of one),(value of $115)
- • free shuttle to Park City resorts for awesome pow-pow of course!
- Lava Hot springs package (one night at the Riverside Inn, 2 day passes, 2 hamburgers and beers at the Blue moon bar and grill)
- BEAVER MOUNTAIN lift tickets!! (2)
- Limited Edition Print by Jerry Fuhriman
- Artisan gift set: Kitchen Knead wooden bowl, one loaf Old Grist Mill bread, and a collection of cards designed by a local artist.
- Dinner & Movie 1: Takara Sushi gift certificate and 2 Westates movie tickets
- Dinner & Movie 2: Le Nonne gift certificate & 2 Westates movie tickets
- Dinner & Movie 3: Iggy’s Sports Grill & Cinefour Theater gift certificate
- Salon package 1: Eminence Organics spa/salon gift basket
- Salon package 2: K Hair Salon Hair cut and Biolage styling kit
- Salon package 3: Valhalla Manicure & Valhalla Pedicure
- Salon package 4: Styling product bag & K Salon hair cut
- Relaxation Package 1: Massage with Sherrie of K Salon and Yoga with Dennise sessions
- Relaxation package 2: Kakoi gift certificate and Yoga with Denise sessions
- Relaxation package 3: K Hair Salon massage and Biolage body balm
- Relaxation package 4: Spirit Goat gift set and Yoga with Dennise sessions
- Bike tune up at The Sportsman (market value=$32)
- Bike tune up at Joyride Bikes
- Free Piercing at Sailor Jim
- Beadles custom designed necklace and earrings set
- Learn how to Snowmobile package
- Lesson: Sign with a baby (or child)
- Five-Course meal at the “Wheelwright Inn”
- Babysitter for a night
- Homebrew & mead
- And there's more coming!
Location: Firehouse Pizzeria, 880 S. Main, Logan, UT
Time: Sunday February 22, 2009. come anytime between 4:30 to 9pm. the pizza's will keep on coming out & the bands will play until 9pm!
Friday, February 13, 2009
FINDING A CURE for Leukemia fundraiser event @ Firehouse Pizza!
Feel like there's never anything to do on a Sunday night? Join us for our second annual Firehouse Pizza Fundraiser on Sunday, Feb. 22nd from 4:30 to 9pm. In addition to an all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta, & salad buffet, tickets include soda and free refills. The raffle features multiple prizes, RockHaus day passes, a Gift Certificate to the Bluebird, and more. The silent auction features dinner and a movie at Le Nonne Restaurant, a getaway package to Lava Hot Springs and much more. Four live bands provide music during the fundraiser. Special pricing for students & families.
All proceeds will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
All of us on "Logan Team In Training" are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. Together we have committed to raise $15,000 to support the cause, and we need your support. Your participation in the Firehouse Fundraiser will help further the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission of finding cures and saving lives.
Here's the info:
Location: Firehouse Pizza- Logan Date: Sunday, February 22nd 2009
Time: 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Tickets: $20 per ticket
$15 with Student ID
$6 Children under 10
Entrance ticket includes:
pasta, & salad buffet
•Awesome Raffle prizes
AND the best part......
• 4 Live BANDS!!! including Bruce Moulton, Jacob Davidson, Jan Reed Summerhays, and American Attic
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
The Society also provides financial assistance to help patients, with significant financial need, cover some costs associated with transportations, drugs, and treatment.
The Society’s Patient Education Programs help to clarify treatment options and strengthen decision-making and coping skills for patients and their families and is offered to them FREE of charge. Information Specialists, professional social workers and nurses, who are available via our toll free phone number, via email, and even via Live Help online. They provide patients, families, and healthcare professionals with the latest information on leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
First Connection Volunteers share their story of survival with a newly diagnosed patient and their family. Patients and families learn coping skills and gain hope from trained volunteer survivors, who share their special perspective on the recovery process.
For specific questions regarding LLS Patient Service Programs, please contact :
Jessica Drury- DMS Utah Branch Patient Service Manager Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
(801)-519-6600 ex 25.
Friday, January 9, 2009
What an amazing run we all had last Saturday! A very chilly but beautiful day with blue skys and clear mountain views! We were so lucky to have the Gabler's with us cheering us on along the way.
Ian Gabler is our team honoree. At 7 years old, he was diagnosed with Acute Myologenous Leukemia – a very aggressive form of leukemia. He was given a 6 in 10 survival chance. The treatment that he underwent at Primary Children's Hospital brought him to the brink of death, but ultimately saved his life. In most ways he's now regular 8 year old attending school and playing with his siblings. But he's also a hero.
He and his family have been a great inspiration to our team, reminding us of why we're running and raising money. The Gabler's enthusiasm for this cause shows how important the work the Leukemia and Lymphoma society does for the blood cancer patients and their families.
Ian even braved the cold to ride his bike along with us. What a truly motivating run! I think I speak for all of us that it was such an inspirational experience to have Ian along side truly gives meaning to the reason we are doing this. The whole family joined us after for a bagel breakfast.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
This is the first team in Logan. We're 11 people planning to participate in the Salt Lake Marathan and Half Marathon. As we train, we're trying to raise over $15,000 to fund research for blood cancer treatments and support for patients and families.
We need the help of generous people to help us meet this goal. Please see the fundraising sites of our individual team members to make a donation.